Part 1:
Little Dude went down like an ANGEL (which has been the case pretty regularly lately).
But then...I went to bed and moments later, Little Dude woke up a little, noticed his Mama and started to scream. I picked him up, gave him some kisses and a squeeze and put him back down--to no avail. So, I went upstairs in hopes that he would calm himself back down without the distraction of the Mommy lady in the room. No dice. Mike (while checking into a second mission--after saying he was going to bed after he finished the first mission--50 years 50 years 50 years*), asked what happened, I flopped onto the couch, pullled a blanket over my sick little head (oh yeah, I'm getting some sort of cold/allergies/sickies), and said, "He woke up."
Mike replied, "Want me to go give him a bottle?"
I muffled back from my blanket-cave, "Yes please."
After the crying stoped, I went back down, peed, and snuck into the room. BD had a Pandora Lullabies station blaring and the boy was suckling sweetly on his bottle... I crawled up to BD and whispered in his ear, "Best. Boyfriend. Ever."
Part 2:
At some point in the night, LD's bottle went over the side of the bed... Mike was a dear and tried to keep boy from his sick mama.... I was awake anyways so when he woke up again, I offered to take him. Mike used that opportunity to go upstairs and grab another bottle. By the time he got back down, the crying had stopped and boy was falling asleep without the aid of the boob... he crawled (blind mole rat style) on top of BD and fell back asleep. I took the bottle from Mike's hand and put it up on the shelf to be used for later...
It was in that moment...watching my son fall back asleep on my guy's chest and my guy holding him likehe was his...not minding the lack of sleep and actually offering to take over so that I could rest.... I decided. I'm not letting this one go.
This Morning...
I woke up (quite literally--I must have jumped or something because he immediately started apologizing) to a goodbye kiss and a soft, sweet, "I love you" from my Big Dude and a Little Dude sleeping sweetly at my side. Yup. Definitely not letting this one go.
*see "Video Games" post
*see "Video Games" post
No comments:
Post a Comment