"When you wake up, you're pretty enough." - from Randy Houser's "Runnin' Outta Moonlight" http://youtu.be/py5VdvxO9cE
A bearded man's pick up line.
This was the first one mine used on me. We were going to spend New Year's Eve with his friend in Boston...and texting to figure out our timeline for leaving since he was out of work earlier than expected. I said something about still needing to "get pretty" or something like that... and this lyric was his response. It was the first indication (in my mind) that he was actually interested in me as more than a friend. Later, he confessed that it was stolen from a song. I was still a country noob at the time... Elijah and Mike are the ones who've gotten me into the genre. I was never a real fan until it was the only thing that would get the boy to stop crying in the car as an infant. Now, it's actually a preset on my car stereo...what have I become!?!... ;)
I would also learn in time that this man knows EVERY LYRIC to EVERY SONG ever written...which makes for some pretty fun car rides... It's also one of the ways this man of action uses words to express how he's feeling--with a rhythmic leg or hand squeeze to accompany whatever lyric he wants to emphasize...

No comments:
Post a Comment