Thursday, September 11, 2014

Because all of FB doesn't want to know all the intimate details of my life

...not sure WHY. I mean...they are pretty awesome.

Welcome!

I'm a single working mom... currently dating an amazing man.

He has a beard. He loves soccer, coaching, personal training and my son. He is a man of few words. Loyal. And extremely sarcastic. At the very beginning of our relationship, he said, "Always give me the benefit of the doubt." It's taken some effort...more than a few tense conversations...a fight or two and a couple of really good talks but my "words of affirmation" self is finally starting to learn how to be with a sarcastic man. He knows it's not easy for me. He tries, too. He's even said, "If I didn't love you, you wouldn't put up with this, would you?" ... Probably not. :-)

This sarcastic man, however, is one of the most incredible men I've ever known. If I had to come up with just two adjectives to describe him, I'd say he's wise and he's selfless. I am so lucky to be the first woman he's ever said, "I love you," too. Me... insecure, egocentric, crazy, messy, scatter-brained and flighty. He loves me... "With all of it."

"My beard," as I have called him more than once on FB, is a man of action. That is how he shows his love and devotion--through acts of service. This man, who will say one thing (sarcasm) but then behave in an astoundingly loving way... captures me. My heart wants to hold onto each memory, each special thing he does like a keepsake... or a treasure.. Heart treasures, as I like to call them. These acts of love have been the subject of pretty daily status updates on my FB wall...but I have recently realized... not everyone cares. Some people care. But not everyone. So here.

Here is my new catch-basin.


{Just learned that "My Beard" has a street meaning that doesn't apply to this situation... Therefore, I will no longer be calling him "My Beard"--It's actually pretty humorous to think about.}

No comments:

Post a Comment