"I was crushing on you in high school, you know," said BD.
"You were??" I smile, "Why didn't you say something?!"
"Because I'm a pansy when it comes to that stuff... I was also crushing on you at that bonfire..." (a bonfire we went to with friends 4 years ago...)
"WHAT?! I was so excited to get to sit in your passenger seat on the drive there and back! Why didn't you say something then??"
"I told you, I'm a pansy."
"Well I had a crush on you when we were doing personal training..."
"Why didn't YOU say something?"
"Because you were seeing someone and I'm not a homewrecker. That's why I stopped."
"Oh...you should have said something."
"YOU should have said something!"
"You saw how long it took for me to kiss you! [...it took him at least few weeks of hanging out on the regular...] If I didn't already know you at brunch with Pam I wouldn't have even spoken to you."
"Weirdo."
Fortunately, he "said something" a couple of days after that brunch date with Pamcakes last November. He texted and asked for help shopping for Christmas presents...
More than once, I've said, "I'm so glad you texted me."
"You and me both."
Big Mike (BD's dad) learned a little of this one night...and said to me, "You see? If it's meant to be, it will be."
No comments:
Post a Comment