Friday, October 3, 2014

4 years ago

On this weekend, 4 years ago, I was supposed to be getting married. There was a deposit on Glastonbury Country Club's banquet hall for 10/1/10--cute, right? We thought so...

Well, when October 1st came around 4 years ago, I had no idea 10/1/14 would come and go without me even realizing it... (until a couple of days later when I'm sick and home with lots of time to think). 

I had no idea that on October 1st, 2014, I would be living with and working for my parents or teaching voice lessons in my hometown. 
I had no idea that on October 1st, 2014, I would pick up my one year old son from daycare. 
I had no idea that on October 1st, 2014, I would casually go to Angelico's for some (happy hour discounted) buff chick dip with Mike Hull--the kid who wore hawaiian shirts in high school, the kid who would compete with me for the highest grade on tests in Bio (I always won), the kid who was my personal trainer during the fall of 2010, the kid whose name I would joke about with friends... "So I went to high school with this kid named 'Mike-Hull...Michael Hull...Mikehull...Mikehull Hull...'" 
I had no idea that on October 1st, 2014, that man who proposed 4.75ish years ago would never even cross my mind... the person who I thought would never leave the back of my mind! 
I had no idea that on October 1st, 2014, my boyfriend would tease, "O.M.G. it's our 8 monthaversary date!" (there's no 31st in September)...

I had no idea that my heart would heal. I had no idea that I would actually move on. I had no idea that I would fall in love again... I had no idea how hard it would be to fall in love again, to trust again, to believe again. I had no idea that I would go through frog after frog who wouldn't be able to handle my baggage... and then I had no idea that I would ever find a frog who would...






No comments:

Post a Comment